Long Term Disability
The Town of Sutton’s Long-Term Disability Insurance is provided by Boston Mutual.
Disability insurance protects your most valuable asset – your income. It replaces a portion of your income if you become unable to work because of a covered illness or injury subject to any limitations in the policy.
This benefit can be elected at the start of employment (coverage is effective as of the date of hire) or the Town’s Open Enrollment held each year in May with an effective date of July 1st - Employees may submit an application, but are not guaranteed acceptance.
- Employee pays 100% of monthly premium
- New employees are guaranteed acceptance
- Rates vary and are calculated on your annual salary
- Monthly benefits are equal to 60% of your basic monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000 with a minimum of $100 or 10%, whichever is greater.
- 90-day qualifying period.
NOTE: Employees must work at least 30 hours per week to enroll in this benefit. Click here for a Summary of Benefits highlight sheet. Rates are based on the annual gross earnings. Please contact Gail Woodland (Ext. 1102) to request a rate quote.