PLEASE CALL THE HEALTH OFFICE PRIOR TO SENDING A FAX, WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
Welcome to the health office
Please make sure your child has an updated physical on file. If your child has been diagnosed with a concussion they will not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities until the health office receives medical documentation that states they may return to activities.
“A child must be healthy to learn and a child must learn to be healthy”
Sutton MS/HS health office provides a full range of health care services for students and staff.
The health office:
- Provides nursing care to students and staff that are sick, injured, or have chronic medical conditions
- Develops individual care plans in collaboration with physicians, parents/guardians, and staff for students with allergies, diabetes, asthma, seizures, and other acute and chronic conditions
- Conducts state mandated screenings
- Reviews and maintain student’s medical and immunization records in accordance with state law
- Collaborates with the school physician on school-wide health issues
- Coordinates health information for students participating in athletics, band, and school trips
- Maintains records of student visits to the health office
- Educates students and staff on related health topics
- Participates in MERP (Medical Emergency Response Plan), 504, IEP, and student assisted services meetings
- Offers CPR and Epipen training for staff